Earth Day, Thursday, April 22, 2021
Apply to be one of eight people selected to join us for a special Earth Day 4wd course! We are looking to train a few people who can be ambassadors to help us spread education and awareness of responsible 4wd techniques that preserve trails, respect multiple access, engage other users in a positive way, and do our part every time we are on trails. Spend the day with Nena Barlow on some rugged 4wd backroads of the gorgeous Sedona area.
This hands-on course will cover 4wd driving techniques, trail etiquette and basic recovery procedures that respect the terrain, as well as look at the interests of other users, like UTV’s, non-motorized bikers and hikers, campers, and ranchers.
Perfect for the outdoor recreation-oriented driver who wants to use 4wd to explore and enjoy the backcountry responsibly, and help raise awareness of sustainable practices for all users.
How to apply:
- Meet the vehicle and course requirements listed below
- Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 19, 2021. Tell us:
a) Your name and phone number (your info will NOT be shared)
b) Your vehicle description, and photo of it
c) The reason you want to take this course
- Post this on your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter feed, using the hashtag #Sustainable4WD
Chosen applications will be announced on Tuesday, March 22.
1. Jeep Wrangler or similarly capable rig with minimum 31″ tires, 4L, recovery points front and rear. Factory skid plates ok. Stock vehicles welcome.
2. Must be registered and insured as a street legal automobile.
1. Participants must be 18 or older, with valid drivers license and insurance.
2. No children or pets.
3. Additional guests must be approved and registered in advance.
4. Participants must be in physical condition capable of walking up and down steep hills in loose terrain, standing or walking for 20-30 minutes, and operating outdoors in dust, heat or cold, wind or possible rain for 8 hours.
Recommended gear: Work gloves, long pants and tough closed-toe shoes, lunch and water. Arrive with a nearly full tank of gas, and a functioning spare tire.
Course length: 7-8 hours
Fee: None! This is a free course to those who are selected.
Cancellation Policy: 14 days notice is urgently requested.
Itinerary: 9 am meet time near Sedona AZ. (Location will be disclosed to registered participants). Finish approximately 4 pm.