Lockhart Basin 3-day Expedition – Friday, Oct 2 – Sunday, Oct 4, 2020
Moab, UT: The Lockhart Basin Expedition is a training trip for the off roader looking for a deep backcountry experience. Travel through some of the most remote and stunningly beautiful red rock desert in North America as you learn everything from proper driving techniques to manifold cooking to navigational skills and vehicle recovery.
This combination exploring/training trip includes the following:
- Three days and two nights in Utah’s rugged back country
- Expert 4wd training through a variety of terrains
- Navigation training
- Vehicle recovery (getting unstuck)
- Vehicle readiness
- Manifold cooking and meal preparation
Vehicle requirements: Jeep Wrangler or similarly capable high-clearance rig with minimum 33″ tires, 4L, recovery points front and rear. Factory skid plates ok.
Course requirements: Register in advance. Participants must be 18 or older. Work gloves, closed-toed shoes, masks for occasional close-up interaction. No children or pets.
Course length: 3 days and two nights.
Use your vehicle: $925 per vehicle (Price includes1-2 people and all applicable taxes – an instructor will talk to you about your rig)
Use a Barlow Jeep: $1675 (Price includes1-2 people and all applicable taxes)
Jeep Rental Requirements
Drivers must be 25 years or older
Valid driver’s license
Credit card in same name as driver’s license
Proof of full coverage personal automobile insurance in same name as license (no commercial policies)
Any additional drivers also must provide a driver’s license and proof of full coverage automobile insurance in their name
14 days notice 50% refund, Less than 14 days non-refundable
Health and Safety Update 2020:
• All attendees must wear masks when operating less than 6-10 feet from each other, or indoors. Physical distancing, minimal shared contact, and attentive cleaning procedures in place.
• All attendees must be physically capable of walking on uneven ground, outdoors, up and down hills and rock steps, for hundreds of yards if necessary, and in widely varying temperatures at altitudes of 4000-8000 feet above sea level.
Meals: Breakfasts and dinners in camp provided, bring your own lunches and snacks..
Camping gear: Bring your own or ask us about camping equipment rental packages.