Space is limited in a Jeep so we encourage our guests to pack light, fitting all of your personal gear in one sturdy duffle bag if at all possible. Here’s an idea of what should be packed:
- Shorts and long pants (warm days, cool nights)
- T-shirts (or other comfortable, breathable shirts you don’t mind getting dirty)
- Sweatshirt or fleece
- Windbreaker or packable rain jacket
- Sturdy shoes: hiking boots, Teva-style sport sandals
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and bug spray (we can also have these available if you cannot carry them on your flight)
- Tums, Advil, Imodium–basic things to help keep you comfortable
- Any medication that you take regularly
- Towel, flashlight, lighter/matches
- Sense of humor and a smile!
We’ve Got You Covered
If you book a custom guided Rubicon trip through Barlow Adventures, we provide meals during your time on the trail. Pack your own favorite snacks, and any beverages you want besides water for after each day on the trail. We can also provide clean, quality tents, pads and sleeping bags for our guests, upon request. Restrooms are porta-potties along the trail. There are no showers, though you may find the lakes and rivers suitable for swimming.
Our guide Jeeps carry tools, first aid, a emergency communication and recovery equipment for unexpected breakdowns and sticky situations along the trail. Every Barlow Jeep is outfitted with a fire extinguisher and other emergency equipment. When you book with us, we’ll give you a rundown of any other basic safety equipment you might need to carry in your vehicle.
Aside from all of the gear and equipment, our experienced and knowledgeable guides will provide spotting, recovery, 4×4 instruction, and information about the trail and the spectacular country it traverses.